Q. I had a beta hCG test done after having unprotected sex last month. Kindly advice.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

My last menses was a month ago. At the end of last month, I had unprotected sex after which I took I-pill. The fifth day after taking the pill, I got some spots in a very minute and flowed for a few days. This month I took beta hCG serum test.

Do you have a question on Beta Hcg or Unprotected Sex?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

MBBS., DNB OBGY
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Kindly upload the reports of beta hCG.

I have attached the file.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

MBBS., DNB OBGY
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

I have checked your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is negative. I mean to say there is no pregnancy. Your periods are delayed because of I-pill. Kindly wait for a few days. If periods do not come, then take the medicine which I have prescribed for seven days. Periods will come after stoppage of the medication.

Is the time period enough to detect the pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

MBBS., DNB OBGY
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Yes, blood test comes positive in seven to eight days of intercourse. So it is the right time.

Also Read Answers From: Beta Hcg Unprotected Sex

I had an unprotected sex but did not ejaculate. I am worried about HIV. Please guide.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old heterosexual male. I am married and have a three months old baby boy, I never had sex before my marriage neither outside it, but yesterday I went to a massage center which including massage with oil, sona, steam room and then moroccan shower by the lady. During the sh...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answer to your question based on the various things that unprotected sexual act without ejaculation still puts you at some risk of contacting HIV as you do not know the other person status. But the good thing is that you are circumcised and there is ample evidenc...  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?
Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »
Dr. Prabha Ranjan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do a pregnancy test with urine pregnancy kit. If it is negative, wait for the period for at least seven to ten days. If the period does not come repeat the test and then think of taking medicine to bring period, not before that. If the pregnancy test is negative, th...  Read Full »

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »
Dr. Anindya Das

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.As you can say, the normal beta hCG level is less than 5. So, you should wait for two days and repeat the test.You should do ultrasound pelvis, but after beta hCG report is available.Revert after two days with the report to an obstetrician and gynecologist online --> htt...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now