Q. I had a beta hCG test done after having unprotected sex last month. Kindly advice.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

My last menses was a month ago. At the end of last month, I had unprotected sex after which I took I-pill. The fifth day after taking the pill, I got some spots in a very minute and flowed for a few days. This month I took beta hCG serum test.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Kindly upload the reports of beta hCG.

| 

I have attached the file.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have checked your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is negative. I mean to say there is no pregnancy. Your periods are delayed because of I-pill. Kindly wait for a few days. If periods do not come, then take the medicine which I have prescribed for seven days. Periods will come after stoppage of the medication.

| 

Is the time period enough to detect the pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, blood test comes positive in seven to eight days of intercourse. So it is the right time.

| 

I had an unprotected sex but did not ejaculate. I am worried about HIV. Please guide.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old heterosexual male. I am married and have a three months old baby boy, I never had sex before my marriage neither outside it, but yesterday I went to a massage center which including massage with oil, sona, steam room and then moroccan shower by the lady. During the sh...  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »