Q. Based on the hysteroscopy and MRI, please suggest whether I have arcuate or bicornuate uterus.

I would like to get a third opinion in regard to categorizing which uterine abnormality I possess. The initial doctor said it is arcuate. My current doctor thinks it is bicornuate but I am going to do a 3D ultrasound in the middle of my next cycle to get a better idea. I have MRI and hysteroscopy photos to provide. I have had two missed miscarriages, the last one hemorrhaged two days before going septic and sent me to the ER for five days. I have also been diagnosed with a placental site nodule on my right side where both pregnancies have been. Could my problem be surgically corrected?

Currently, we are going through genetic, blood clotting disorder, and menstrual cycle/hormone monitoring. Genetic counselor said low risk for any genetic causes but is still waiting to complete the blood tests which should be done in four weeks, same for the blood clotting tests.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Having gone through the MRI pelvis and hysteroscopy pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is evident that you have a bicornuate uterus with a single cervical opening and it is not a septate uterus or an arcuate uterus. Two different horns of uterus are evident on MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), indicating the bicornuate abnormality.

The option which you have is called Straussman's operation where both the horns can be cut in the centre and joined to make a single uterine cavity. You may discuss the option with your gynecologist and make a decision.

| 

Can I be pregnant with septate uterus?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently visited a gynecologist as I missed period. I visited for the confirmation of pregnancy. She tested my urine sample and confirmed that I am seven weeks pregnant. She prescribed some medicine and asked for my symptoms. I said there are no symptoms like nausea and I only bared sh...  Read Full »

What is Lonopin injection used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 3 months 3 days pregnant through IVF. Currently, she was prescribed to have the medication, which I have attached for your reference. Even after 3 months, they are forcing her to take Lonopin injection, which is very irritating, painful and give side effects like nausea. We ...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take PRP injection after IVF failure?

Query: Hello doctor, I had done first IVF last year, but it failed due to a bad quality egg. Embryos were not developed after two days. AMH level is 1.52, and the egg count was low. On consulting another doctor, she suggested to go with PRP injection to rejuvenate the ovary, so that egg count and quality ...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now