Q. Will septate uterus show false positive pregnancy?

Published on Jan 25, 2020

I recently visited a gynecologist as I missed period. I visited for the confirmation of pregnancy. She tested my urine sample and confirmed that I am seven weeks pregnant. She prescribed some medicine and asked for my symptoms. I said there are no symptoms like nausea and I only bared sharp stomach pains sometimes. She suggests pelvic ultrasound at that time and I went for a pelvic ultrasound. He tested twice and he says he did not find any gestational sac and also he puts a question mark? He mentioned septate uterus in the scanning report. I was worried and my doctor saw that report and asked to do the test after one week. I am really worried. Do I have septate uterus? Why he puts a question? What is their opinion? I do not know. what should I do next? Please suggest.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The report shows (attachment removed to protect patient identity), ? septate uterus, but no intrauterine pregnancy as per written reports. Please share your ultrasound pictures for review of septate uterus. As far as pregnancy is concerned, get a serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test done first and if positive then repeat scan for ruling out an ectopic pregnancy.

| 

I have sent my ultrasound pictures.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Thanks for sending the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Having evaluated the pictures, it is evident that the fundal region is bulky and two separate endometrial cavities are faintly visible. The septate uterus may be a possibility but needs to be reevaluated with a transvaginal 3D ultrasound pelvis. To me, with the present pictures, the possibility of even a bicornuate uterus as well cannot be ruled out.

It is suggested that you may please repeat the ultrasound this time transvaginally, as the pictures are not really clear to make a conclusive diagnosis as I believe that this USG was a pelvic scan that does not really depict the uterine contour properly.

| 

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »

Which method of abortion is better for 5 weeks of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am pregnant. The ultrasound shows five weeks ± two weeks of pregnancy. My symptoms are fatigue, emotional, indigestion, and anger. I am on Pantocid for five days. I want to abort my pregnancy. Please tell me which method is better - surgical or medicine?  Read Full »

Does high CA-125 confirm that I have cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor detected at the age of 11 years, which was around 12 years back and had undergone an operation for the same. Currently, my CA-125 in serum is 125.37 U/ml. The ultrasound scan revealed large multiloculated well-defined bilateral adn...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now