Kindly suggest foods to lower the bilirubin level.

Q. What foods and vegetables can be taken for decreasing the bilirubin level?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 03, 2024 and last reviewed on: Feb 12, 2024

My total bilirubin is 1.5 mg/dL. What foods and vegetables are taken to lower the bilirubin level? I am taking the Pantop tablet, Mecobalamin 1500 mcg, and Calcium tablets. Thank you.

#

For a few days, fatty foods should be avoided. Strictly avoid junk foods like pizza and burgers. You are advised to take a rest. Taking a light meal with frequent intervals is advisable. I suggest you investigate with a USG (ultrasonogram) abdomen scan, SGPT (alanine aminotransferase), and SGOT (aspartate aminotransferase) for further work up.

|