My platelet count, uric acid, SGOT, and SGPT are deranged. How can I be treated?

Q. My platelet count, uric acid, SGOT, and SGPT are deranged. How can I be treated?

Answered by
Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am a 29-year-old man and I weigh 115 Kg. My preventive health checkup results show the following irregularities: Mean platelet volume 12, CHCM 31.8, mean platelet volume at 12, total cholesterol 200.6, serum uric acid 7.8, globulin 3.7, SGOT 93.27, SGPT 213.87, and vitamin D total 25- hydroxy at 5.05. Kindly advise me on the lab results.



Welcome to

I will explain the above one by one.

  • Your mean platelet volume is more and the CHCM (cell hemoglobin concentration mean) is low; however, it is not clinically significant what warrants treatment.
  • Your SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) and SGPT (serum glutamic-pyruvic transaminase) are high in addition to the high uric acid and cholesterol. These are all the features of insulin resistance syndrome for which you will need to be treated or else it can lead to diabetes, cardiac problems, and hypertension.
  • You need daily 40 minutes of regular exercise with brisk walking five days a week and a diet containing fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • I suggest you start Metformin 500 mg with dinner along with Rosuvastatin 10 mg at bedtime. This will also decrease your weight and improve the uric acid, SGOT, and SGPT. 
  • Your vitamin D is very low. I suggest you start supplementing it with capsule Lumia 60K (cholecalciferol) weekly for six weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the above medicines with their consent.
  • However, lifestyle change is very important at this point; otherwise, it may cause problems in the future.


For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Thank you doctor,

For how many days will I have to take Metformin 500 mg, Rosuvastatin 10 mg, and capsule Lumia 60K?



Welcome back to

  • If you start exercising and keep diet in control, you will be fine.
  • You can get tested again after three months.
  • If everything goes fine, we can decide about withholding the medications.


For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
What are the reasons for high platelet count?

My platelet count is high at 9 lakhs in routine CBC ... The platelet count is above the normal range ...   Read full

I have low vitamin D and testosterone. Is this the reason for my forgetfulness?

Recently, I have tested for free testosterone and vitamin D ... Well, for your low testosterone and low vitamin D you need to take supp   Read full

My cholesterol level is low with high triglycerides. Is there a need to increase my statin dosage?

Your triglycerides level is at borderline, not high ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.