iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychiatrybipolar disorderMy younger brother is behaving unusually and doing crazy things. Is he suffering from schizophrenia?

Can bipolar disorder cause unusual behavior and thinking?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 6, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 17, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have a younger brother who is doing crazy things. I am the only person taking care of him in my family. There is no one to take care of him and I need help to identify his problem. My brother believes that he is the only person who created heaven and earth. He also believes that he can bring a dead person alive. Is he suffering from schizophrenia? I do not know about schizophrenia.

Please help.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I went through your query and understood your concern.

It seems your brother does not have schizophrenia but he may have bipolar type 1 mood disorder with mania. A person suffering from mania talks more than usual has anger outbursts and thinks that he has a special power. He starts talking more about religious or philanthropic work. A person does not sleep at night and may have substance abuse histories like alcohol or cannabis. So, I suggest you take your brother to the nearest psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and further management. He needs a mood stabilizer.

I hope this has helped you.

Thanks and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

bipolar disordermania

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy