I am a 30 years old female. I suffer from borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, psychosis, anxiety, and obsessive thoughts for ten years. I am taking Olanzapine 10 mg for 68 days, Lamotrigine 200 mg for 101 days, and Fluoxetine 20 mg for 53 days. Now I am not depressed but also not happy. I have a little moment of happiness, elevated mood, and ambitions, but it is so mild and lasts for seconds. Is this normal, or should I stop taking Fluoxetine? Also, I have no control over eating and sleeping, especially at night, why? When will this go away? When does Fluoxetine gets kicked in and make me happy? For how long should I take fluoxetine, or should I increase my dose? Then when should I lower the dose and how? When should I stop Fluoxetine? After I increased my dose of Lamotrigine from 150 mg to 200 mg, I suffer from less speaking with others, why? When will this go away? Should I lower my dose to 150 mg or continue this dose? Should I take Paroxetine for depression instead of Fluoxetine? For how doses and for how long? I was treated by a psychiatric doctor and want to know a detailed information about what I have asked before visiting him next time? Please help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
You have a lot of questions, let me answer one by one.
1. Fluoxetine is good medicine for OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) and depression cases.
2. If this is the first time you are having the problem, you should take medicines for at least six months, if not then continue longer.
3. Fluoxetine will control your depression. Staying happy is your job.
4. I strongly recommended taking counseling (talk therapy) sessions.
5. Therapy will help you recognize the negative subconscious thoughts which are keeping you in the loop of depression.
6. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (a type of talk therapy) is very effective in OCD and depression cases, and the best results come when done while taking medicine. So that you never have this problem again, or even if it occurs, it is not this severe.
7. You can find a counselor in your city and talk in detail about what you are going through, so you can get better help.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from OCD (Obsessive–compulsive disorder). How can it be treated by psychotherapy? Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, I always get angered at my mom and I always yell at her. I have also found some symptoms which indicate that I have either bipolar or borderline personality disorder and I cannot control my anger usually. No matter how much I try to stop, I always end up yelling and screaming like a mani... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) since last 10 years. Getting treated by a doctor with medicines. But I do not feel completely good. Many times I go into very sad mood. Please give me suggestions. Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Psychiatrist Now