Q. Taking medicines for bipolar disorder, but unable to sleep. Is there any suggestions?

I am having bipolar disorder, on lithosun 1200mg, fluoxetine 20mg for the last 1 year.

Working night shift since last month. Unable to maintain proper sleep. Please guide me.

#

Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.

Fluoxetine is not the kind of medication that needs to be taken for straight one year in bipolar disorder except in some rare cases.

Problem with sleep may indicate towards relapse of mania or mixed episode.

At this moment you need to talk to a psychiatrist either online or in person.

| 

Is Aripiprazole safe for a 65 year old diabetic and hypertensive patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 65 years old. He has bipolar disorder for 40 years. He also has diabetes. He is taking medicine for high blood pressure. For a very long time, he took lithium 1000 mg and oxcarbazepine 900 mg. 2-3 episodes used to happen, normally of long manic spell followed by gloomy/not...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»