Q. Though I am taking Lamictal, my depression persists. Please help.

Dr. Aditya Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2021

I am suffering from type 2 bipolar disorder. 10 years ago, I was diagnosed and treated for depression alone. I am a 42 year old female. I got married and have two kids. I stop the medication for five years and then I started to take it for the last one year. I am taking Lamictal 200 mg every day, but that is not enough. I feel depressed most of the time as there is no supportive groups or good psychologist in my place. Please help.

#

If Lamictal (Lamotrigine) is not helping much, then you can discuss with your treating doctor regarding either substituting it or adding another medicine for bipolar disorder. Certain non-pharmacological methods that will assist are as follows.

Follow a flexible routine and exercise regularly. Do meditation daily for at least half an hour in the morning.

You can join self-help groups online. Listen to music as it helps in relaxation and removing anxiety. Certain music have been found to be especially relaxing.

Besides, you can also consult a psychotherapist on this platform.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|