HomeAnswersPsychiatrybipolar disorderIam concerned about feeling depressed and excited on and off alternating with numb feelings despite taking Buspirone. Kindly help.

What is the treatment for bipolar disorder?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 29, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 29, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have been facing some mental issues of depression and anxiety. At one point I feel low, and then I feel invincible and happy. Soon after that, I feel numb and do not want to do anything. I used to take Prozac but now I just take Buspirone 7.5 mg twice a day. I am concerned about this issue. Kindly help.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Aditya Gupta


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern.

As per your description, there are two possibilities you might be suffering from, depending on the duration of each episode of high or low mood:

  1. Mixed mood disorder.
  2. Bipolar disorder.

But this is a possibility and to be sure, a detailed evaluation is needed. I advise you to follow the below-mentioned instructions.

  1. Get a thyroid function test and psychological testing done.
  2. Treatment can be planned accordingly by evaluating the report results.
  3. Both medications and psychotherapy are available as treatment options.
  4. Kindly consult a specialist, talk to them, and take the medications with their consent.

I hope this information will help you.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Aditya Gupta
Dr. Aditya Gupta


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy