Bladder Control

What to do for urinary incontinence in a 11-year-old girl?

Query: Hello doctor, My 11-year-old daughter has been unable to tell when she has to urinate until she starts to urinate. Before, she was able to stop and run to the bathroom. However, in the past couple of weeks, she has been unable to stop herself and keeps urinating. Her mother and I just found it out...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get the child evaluated physically for urinary incontinence. A USG (ultrasound) abdomen may be required along with urine routine and microscopy. If all reports are normal, fluid intake and urine output dairy may need to be maintained to see what can be altered...  Read Full »

Why is there poor bladder control even after ureter lengthening surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have poor bladder control for about fourteen years. I underwent bladder surgery to lengthen ureters at the age of five. Medication for bladder spasms taken as needed. I have frequent bladder infections and poor bladder control when laughing or moving. Sometimes it is impossible to c...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Tripathy

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand it must be really distressing for you. You have regular cystitis, and incontinence. You also have a history of bladder surgery in the past. Incontinence (poor bladder control) can be due to a lot of causes: neuropathy, stress incontinence, urge incont...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ayurvedic treatment for frequent urination.

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 20 years old. She does not feel bladder emptying and she was diagnosed to have a weak bladder. She has frequent urination problem and undergoing allopathy treatment for the past one year. Still, there is no significant improvement. Is there any treatment for frequent urina...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The weakness of the bladder has already been diagnosed. This weakness is due to the weakening of urinary bladder muscles. As a result, the bladder is unable to control the urge of voiding whenever it is full. The most effective thing in weak bladder is to do exercises,...  Read Full »

Is it normal to pee often and getting horn when the bladder is full?

Query: Hi doctor, I pee very often (even though I am young and I do not have diabetes or anything), and I get horn whenever my bladder is full. I do not think it as a healthy habit, and it disturbs me. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should rule out the cause for frequent urination. It can be due to urinary tract infection and due to impaired sugar control. If you have a burning sensation or feeling urgency to void the bladder, it indicates an infection. So, get your urine test done along with f...  Read Full »

Had surgery for fractured femur and experiencing involuntary urination. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 88 years old. She had undergone a surgery for the fractured femur thigh bone. Now, she is experiencing high involuntary urination for the past two days. She is on bed rest now, and any movement in the body or legs results in urine discharge. Currently, she is taking Thyronor...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has temporary urinary problems which are reasonably common at her age following any major surgery with immobilization. I would like to know whether she passes urine usually ...  Read Full »

I am taking medicines for an overstretched bladder with no improvement. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem of urine dripping for two to three minutes after I urinate. Also, even if I do not have an urge to urinate, I end up passing large amounts of urine. I visited a doctor and he ordered some tests, the results of which I have attached. After seeing the report, the doctor s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do have an overstretched bladder. It is as a result of your habit of holding urine for too long. I suggest the following: Restrict fluid intake, especially at bed...  Read Full »

What might help my increased urge to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male with no medical conditions. I am on Propecia 1 mg for hair loss, and I have been on it for the past three years. Six months ago, I started getting an urge to urinate more frequently. I had a feeling of my bladder getting full. The urge was not that strong...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These urinary symptoms in young males are many times due to the sphincter dyssynergia (disturbance of the normal synergistic coordination between bladder contraction and external urethral sphincter muscles relaxation during voiding). Valium (Diazepam) also relaxes the ...  Read Full »

I have a constant urge to urinate. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old woman. This problem started about four years ago around the same time I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. And, I suffer from a constant and persistent urge to urinate concentrated in my urethra. Sometimes, it is accompanied with pressure, discomfort, sli...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be suffering from an underactive bladder. Tablet Urivoid (Bethanechol) one tablet in the morning and evening should help. If possible, send me the urodynamics report with graphs. For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a...  Read Full »

Can ayurvedic treatment help cure my frequent urination problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male with a weight of 65 kg and a height of 166 cm. I am having a problem with frequent urination. Sometimes, it gets to such a level where I have to go to the washroom every five minutes or so and it gets actuated before going to sleep. Also, I have noticed that wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This problem can be due to weak bladder muscles. I suggest you practice Kegal exercises. These will strengthen your bladder muscles. Walk daily at least for 30 minutes and it will increase pelvic blood flow. Practice Trikonasana and Malasana as these yoga postures...  Read Full »

How to lead a better life with paralysis after transverse myelitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I am suffering from transverse myelitis from the last one year. My total body was paralyzed. Now, some hand movements are possible. I eat by myself. But, I cannot stand and cannot get up from the bed. Please give me some suggestions to lead a better life.  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Transverse myelitis is a slowly recovering condition. Please make sure that you are taking daily physiotherapy regularly at least thrice a day. Also, bladder training is required. The daily protein intake should be high. Do not let any muscle of your body go atrophic. ...  Read Full »