Q. I get pain and bleeding after sex and pap smear shows CIN3. Kindly help.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
Published on Jan 22, 2019

I have a history of back pain and pain during intercourse as well as bleeding after. My pap smear came back CIN3. What can I expect?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It depends on practices prevalent in your country and the prevalence of cervical cancer in your locality. Normally we would do colposcopic directed cervical biopsies to rule out cervical cancer and act according to the report of biopsy. Some doctors may prefer removing uterus after cancer is ruled out, especially if your age is more than or equal to 45 to 50 and if childbearing is complete. If there is a chance of cancer, extended surgery (for removal of the uterus) may be required. Kindly do not get frightened by the answer, as I have just mentioned possible treatment options we consider in our setup. All options may not be applicable in your case.

Can uterine or cervical cancer delay my periods?

Query: Hi doctor, My period is always regular with an interval of 28 days. I never missed my period before. Now, I am late for five days. Today, I had a little light pink faint discharge when I wipe. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and all were negative. When I referred online, it says ovarian cancer. I ha...  Read Full »

I am still waiting for my periods a month after I-pill. Will I get it?

Query: Hello doctor, My periods got over on the 7th of last month. I had unprotected sex with my partner on 10th. Within three to four hours, I took I-pill. I bled exactly after one week, that is, on the 17th. The bleeding was there for four days maximum. Now, it is the 12th and I am still waiting for my ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to bleed on the second occasion of sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I am on the contraceptive pill and have started my second month by last week. Two weeks ago, I had sex for the first time and bled during and after sex. But, thought nothing of it as it was normal. Then, I had my period on my pill free days. When I had sex yesterday, I...  Read Full »