Q. I get pain and bleeding after sex and pap smear shows CIN3. Kindly help.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

I have a history of back pain and pain during intercourse as well as bleeding after. My pap smear came back CIN3. What can I expect?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It depends on practices prevalent in your country and the prevalence of cervical cancer in your locality. Normally we would do colposcopic directed cervical biopsies to rule out cervical cancer and act according to the report of biopsy. Some doctors may prefer removing uterus after cancer is ruled out, especially if your age is more than or equal to 45 to 50 and if childbearing is complete. If there is a chance of cancer, extended surgery (for removal of the uterus) may be required. Kindly do not get frightened by the answer, as I have just mentioned possible treatment options we consider in our setup. All options may not be applicable in your case.

|