Q. My partner start bleeding after first unprotected intercourse. Is it normal?

Dr. Harshul Gohel
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

What does it mean if one has unprotected first-time sex but is not sure whether he discharged inside or not? But his partner starts bleeding day after that. Is it normal?

Do you have a question on Bleeding After Sex or Unprotected Sex?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Harshul Gohel

MBBS
Family Physician

Unprotected first time sex means that both the partner are doing for the first time without using any contraceptive method, i.e., condom during the first time of sexual intercourse, the hymen of the female is intact or may be ruptured prior because of any physical strained. In the first time, sexual intercourse intact hymen may break and that causes the bleeding suddenly or afterward it. So it is normal.

First sexual intercourse.

Take rest nothing else.

If bleeding persists and whether the female partner misses her menses, do follow-up immediately.

I had bleeding after I was fingered. Am I pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, My fiance just fingered my private part for the first time and I am not sure that before fingering he touched his sperms or not. I was having pain at that part the day he did it which is just a day before and I had a bleeding patch along with my secretions yesterday. I am tensed wheth...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although I would like to ask some questions before answering your query as many things are missing here like your menstrual history, medical and drug history and most importantly how long you have been sexually active. If you were not sexually active before then it cou...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain and bleeding after sex with pap smear showing CIN3?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of back pain and pain during intercourse as well as bleeding after. My pap smear came back CIN3. What can I expect?  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It depends on practices prevalent in your country and the prevalence of cervical cancer in your locality. Normally we would do colposcopic directed cervical biopsies to rule out cervical cancer and act according to the report of biopsy. Some doctors may prefer removing ut...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now