Q. Why are there brown spotting during seventh week of pregnancy through IVF?

Dr. Prerna Gupta

I am currently 7 weeks 2 days pregnant and I conceived through IVF. Two days back I started having brown spotting and I went for an ultrasound and they could see baby and heartbeat both. Now, when I go to the washroom, sometimes I see brown spots on the tissue. My doctor stopped Ecospirin and vaginal suppositories and instead I am taking daily Progesterone injection since last two days and other medicines as per attached prescription. Why are these brown spots coming? Is it normal as I am really worried? Also what precautions should I take? I am on rest at home. Should I elevate my legs or anything else you would suggest? Please tell if this is normal, my last LMP was a month back.

#

I can totally understand your concerns, But the good points are that the ultrasound has established a pregnancy and secondly, there are no worrying features. Your obstetrician was correct in stopping Ecosprin and starting intramuscular Progesterone. It looks like old bood rather than fresh. I will suggest wait and watch strategy and hopefully, it will clear.

|