Q. How to prevent bleeding on brushing?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Oct 24, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I noticed light bleeding while brushing. I feel minor discomfort in the gums at the centre, top and back of the teeth. I do not have much pain. Can I apply anything externally on the gums to prevent bleeding? Please advice.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

• You should use Betadine gargle as mouthwash twice daily for 15 days to reduce the swelling of gums and bleeding and also to keep your teeth clean.
  • It would be better if you could go to a dentist for physical evaluation. Ask your dentist to do cleaning of your whole mouth (dental scaling) to remove calculus and plaque from your teeth and gums.
  • Cleaning will reduce the bleeding and helps to maintain good oral hygiene.
  • Try to get your mouth clean routinely every six months to get healthy gums.

For further information consult a dentist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

How can I manage sore throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat from last 15 days. Medications taken are Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid taken for five days BD. The next course includes ZOCEF CV 500 BD for eight days. Levocetirizine 5 mg OD at night from the last 15 days and Betadine gargle thrice a day (both Levo and gargle, ...  Read Full »

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others. This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »