Q. What treatment can be done to cure sore throat?

I have a sore throat from last 15 days. Medications taken are Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid taken for five days BD. The next course includes ZOCEF CV 500 BD for eight days. Levocetirizine 5 mg OD at night from the last 15 days and Betadine gargle thrice a day (both Levo and gargle, I stopped three days earlier).

#

You may stop the Betadine gargle and start Benzydamine gargles diluted in water done twice daily after meals. Take a proton pump inhibitor which stops acid production twice daily before meals. Post meals, take an antacid syrup that neutralizes the acid produced. I would suggest you take an anti-inflammatory medicine to remove the congestion and edema inside the throat. The picture clearly shows granules in the posterior pharyngeal wall. If the condition does not improve, we may need to do a throat swab. If you need any further help do revert back. If there is any investigation that you have done please upload it so that we can have a look.

| 

Is tetanus shot required for a small scratch from a rusted wire?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 35 years old. She had a small scratch from a rusted wire on her right forearm, three hours back. There was no blood loss. And she did not wash it with running water or use Dettol or anything to wipe the area. Also, she had her last tetanus shot 5 years ago. Should we ge...  Read Full »

I have sore throat and weight loss. Do I need to test again for STD?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a test for STD and the results came negative for all tests. I received an oral sex from a spa therapist eight weeks ago. I tested for STD at six weeks. But I have a sore throat for one month and there is weight loss. Today I could see tiny rashes on my genitals. I tested again for...  Read Full »

Why do I have vaginal tears after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I had rough sex recently and it caused a tear in my vagina. When I use a mirror to examine myself I can see some of the cuts. It is near the entrance of my vaginal canal but not inside, positioned more towards my perineum. It has been healing for two days now and still really hurts. I...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»