Q. What treatment can be done to cure sore throat?

I have a sore throat from last 15 days. Medications taken are Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid taken for five days BD. The next course includes ZOCEF CV 500 BD for eight days. Levocetirizine 5 mg OD at night from the last 15 days and Betadine gargle thrice a day (both Levo and gargle, I stopped three days earlier).

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

You may stop the Betadine gargle and start Benzydamine gargles diluted in water done twice daily after meals. Take a proton pump inhibitor which stops acid production twice daily before meals. Post meals, take an antacid syrup that neutralizes the acid produced. I would suggest you take an anti-inflammatory medicine to remove the congestion and edema inside the throat. The picture clearly shows granules in the posterior pharyngeal wall. If the condition does not improve, we may need to do a throat swab. If you need any further help do revert back. If there is any investigation that you have done please upload it so that we can have a look.

|