Q. What can be done for painful, bleeding, and sore gums?

Dr. Geethanjali. S. S

I have been having painful, bleeding, and sore gums recently. Also, when I brush they bleed. Just recently my gums have gotten worse. I think it is gingivitis but my gums have been deteriorating and I have started to brush, floss, and rinse with mouthwash every day for the past two weeks and it has been getting worse. Kindly help. Currently, I am taking Ibuprofen.

#

I have seen the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is definitely a gum problem but not gingivitis. It seems like a gum injury more like a cut or bruise. Listerine mouthwash and fluoride toothpaste will not work for this.

I advise you to visit a gum specialist immediately and go through the blood count check. You might also have to take antibiotics. Before I suggest medicines please let me know if you have got any drug allergies. Meanwhile, you shall apply ointment Chlorhexidine and Lignocaine combination (Corsodyl ointment) over the sore gums to help to heal. Also, avoid hot and spicy food and do not brush aggressively on that side, please. This will worsen the condition. Do not try to rub salt over the area as well.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|