Q. What can be done for painful, bleeding, and sore gums?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

I have been having painful, bleeding, and sore gums recently. Also, when I brush they bleed. Just recently my gums have gotten worse. I think it is gingivitis but my gums have been deteriorating and I have started to brush, floss, and rinse with mouthwash every day for the past two weeks and it has been getting worse. Kindly help. Currently, I am taking Ibuprofen.

#

I have seen the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is definitely a gum problem but not gingivitis. It seems like a gum injury more like a cut or bruise. Listerine mouthwash and fluoride toothpaste will not work for this.

I advise you to visit a gum specialist immediately and go through the blood count check. You might also have to take antibiotics. Before I suggest medicines please let me know if you have got any drug allergies. Meanwhile, you shall apply ointment Chlorhexidine and Lignocaine combination (Corsodyl ointment) over the sore gums to help to heal. Also, avoid hot and spicy food and do not brush aggressively on that side, please. This will worsen the condition. Do not try to rub salt over the area as well.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

I have loose teeth and bleeding gums. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, A couple of my adult teeth feel loose. My gums are sore and bleed randomly as well as when I brush. Do I have gum disease?  Read Full »

What is the cause and solution for bleeding gums?

Query: Hi doctor,Every morning while I brush, I notice bleeding from my gums. I do not have any pain. What is the possible cause and solution?  Read Full »

How to treat my front tooth that is loose and crooked?

Query: Hi doctor, My front tooth is going to fall out. It is very crooked and loose for about four to five years. Then, I started to have anxiety, and I am grinding my teeth bad. It got looser and looser for the past couple of years. Now, I have deep, sharp pains in my gums on that side. It hurts me a lot...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»