Q. I have tooth and gum pain below the right jaw. How to get rid of this?

Dr. Kandi Disha Yermal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2020

I have tooth and gum ache (not sure where it comes) but on the below right jaw. On day 1, the pain was there continuously and used Naproxen. (I was able to have coffee and tea). On day 2, pain was there then contacted physician on icliniq and suggested Ultracet for 3 days. On day 3, I used Ultracet twice a day, pain was there sometimes (continuous pain gone). On day 4, I used Ultracet twice a day, pain was there sometimes (not able to drink hot coffee). If I take coffee pain comes immediately and after gargling with water it goes away. On day 5, today I had breakfast, had one Ultracet tablet. Pain was there for some time after having breakfast and now it is fine. But I am scared of taking any hot coffee or tea. (now I stopped completely).

#

I have gone through your query and attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I can see some gingival inflammation and also abrasion of teeth near the cervical area. That abrasion is also a cause for severe sensitivity to hot that you are having. Abrasion needs to be treated clinically with restoration. Once this pandemic of Covid-19 gets subside then you can get it treated in a dental clinic.

For time being use Sensoform KF toothpaste. First, apply it on your teeth then keep it for 30-40seconds then brush it as you do daily. This is the way to use sensitivity toothpaste. Use mouthwash for gargling at least at night before going to bed after tooth brushing.

For pain, if severe you can take Ultracet P or if not severe then can continue with Ultracet when needed. It will be better if you upload images of your teeth from the occlusal surface so that I can see any caries or gingival infection.

| 
1 out of 1 likes