Q. My daughter is suffering from dry eyes, blepharitis, and allergy. Please help.

Dr. Arnab Pal
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 17, 2020

Dear Doctor

My daughter is suffering from dry eyes She has blephritis and allergy as well...on advise of Dr. we got OSA done but cud not show the reports to Dr. because of Corona..Pls look into the reports and help me understand which type of dry eyes she has, What is the main cause behind it and what can be the best treatment for her and is it advisable for her to pursue career in computers. Acc to reports: NBUT Right eye 5.6/Left eye 6.8 Lipid Layer type Right eye and left eye is ZERO (i.e. < 15nm not present) Meibomian Glands (loss area%) --upper Right eye --18 and for left eye 17 Tear meniscus height in mm 0.06mm in both eyes.. Pls advise ...help needed urgently. Thanks Mother

Dr. Arnab Pal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Hello.

She seems to be suffering from severe dry eyes due to meibomian gland dysfunction and blepharitis. I advise

1) Gentle lid massage at the base of eyelashes both eyelids of both eyes twice daily for 5 mins each

2) Clean bases of eyelashes every morning with diluted baby shampoo (mixture of baby shampoo:water= 1:2 TSP )

3)Eye ointment Chlorocol H apply for 1 month both eyes at eyelid margin at bedtime

4) Eyedrop Genteal gel at bedtime both eyes 5 mins before eye ointment application

5) Eyedrop Genteal 1 drop 6 times per day for 2 months both eyes

6)Cap DOXT SL(100 mg) 1 cap twice daily after meals for 2 weeks followed by once daily for 2 more weeks

Hope it helps You can video call through this app if you want to know exact technique of lid massage. Thanks

|