Q. My wife suddenly got blisters after an insect bite. How to treat them?

My wife suddenly got some blisters with clear liquid in her hand, neck, and cheeks from today morning. She was bitten by an insect in her neck around 10 o'clock yesterday night. She is having a burning sensation if she touches the blisters. Two of the blisters popped themself. Also, if sweat touches those blisters, she is feeling itchy around them. As a home remedy, she has applied turmeric over them. I have attached the photos of the blisters for your reference.

She is currently undergoing treatment for her PCOS and the taking the following medications:

1) Metital.

2) Livogen.

3) Aminolife.

4) Ensoft 200.

5) Fol 123 MF.

6) U-trin uterine tonic.

7) Dronis 30.

Kindly give your opinion.

#

I have seen the pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Is there pain or fever? How many blisters would be there approximately? Are the blisters increasing? Is there itching? Kindly answer the questions so that I can give appropriate treatment.

There are six blisters in total, and they are not increasing. She does not have any pain or fever. The blisters are itchy only when the sweat touches them. And there is a burning sensation on touching them with hands. Kindly help.

#

I suggest to start on the following medicines so that the blisters do not get infected:

1) Tablet Moxclav (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) 625, one tablet twice daily after meals for five days.

2) Tablet Allegra M (Montelukast and Fexofenadine), one tablet once daily for seven days

3) Neosporin H (Neomycin, Bacitracin, Hydrocortisone, Polymyxin) ointment for local application over the affected area twice daily after washing with lukewarm water for seven days

4) Tablet Dolo (Paracetamol) 650, one tablet as and when needed for pain or fever.

Take a bath in lukewarm water with a pinch of Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda). Considering that you know it was produced by an insect bite, I am not suspecting chickenpox. However, please tell me if you have any doubt regarding whether this was an insect bite. Wear loose clothes, do not sweat, drink plenty of warm water, juices and soups. Avoid spicy and oily foods. I hope this was helpful.

As for as we know, this came after an insect bite only. If there is any suspicion of chickenpox, I will let you know. The blisters have not spread as of now, and the number of blisters remained the same. Her temperature also remained normal. I will follow up with the medication and let you know.

#

Take the medications and let me know if you have further queries.

|