iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersMedical GastroenterologybloatingMy wife is suffering from belly bloating.Please help.

My wife is suffering from belly bloating.Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 3, 2015
Reviewed AtFebruary 2, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

  • My wife is suffering from belly bloating.
  • As soon as she eats her lunch or dinner, her stomach will enlarge and she feels full.
  • She does not feel like eating every day.
  • She tried gelusil and other tablets, but no improvement.
  • Also her urination is very low.
  • Sometimes she feels intense urge for urination, but  she urinates a few drops only.
  • We have taken scans and scan reports are normal, but the problem continues.

Please help.

Answered by Dr. Babu Lal Meena


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I need answers for the following questions so that I can help you better.

  • What is her height and weight? 
  • What about her dietary intake and water intake?
  • Does she have pain while passing stools?
  • Does she have constipation, hard stool or straining while defecation?

Revert back with the answers to a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

Her weight is 48 kg and height is 5'2".

Her water intake is less than normal.

Also she has the problem of irregular defecation (once in one or two days).

She does not feel any pain but she has sour belch several times.

Answered by Dr. Babu Lal Meena


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Well, this is all due to her constipation issue. We should take care of it, and that will solve all other issues.


  • Give Isabgol husk 3 spoons twice daily, in 200 ml water or milk.
  • She should drink a minimum of 5 litres of water per day.
  • She should take high fibre diet.
  • She should take plenty of salads and fruits and less intake of packed food.
  • She has to do regular exercise.

Report back to a medical gastroenterologist online after 7 days --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Medical Gastroenterology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Medical Gastroenterology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy