Q. I always have a stuffy nose causing brief dizzy spells. How can I stop it?

Dr. Bindia

I have a continuous stuffy nose which gives me brief dizzy spells that go once I try to blow my nose (not hard). It just helps equalize pressure. My glucose, BP, heart tests are normal. I eat and drink regularly. I work in a dusty environment. The dizziness is definitely associated with congestion. How can I stop it?

Dr. Bindia

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Either a dust allergy or infection is causing you an allergic rhinitis.

You will need X-ray PNS (Water's view) and CT PNS for a confirmation.

I suggest taking:

1. Tablet Azee 500 mg (Azithromycin) BD for five days.
  2. Tablet Montair LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) HS for five days.
  3. Avamys nasal spray (Fluticasone) two to four puffs BD.
  4. Otrinoz nasal drops (Xylometazoline hydrochloride) two TDS.
  5. Capsule Zevit (Vitamin supplement) OD.

Avoid dust by covering with a facemask. Follow up with the reports.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergy?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 31 years old.  I have a history of eosinophilia and dust allergy since the age of 12 years.  The onset of eosinophilia and dust allergy has become more frequent since I moved to Bangalore (5-6 years).  Sometimes I suffer wheezing, running nose and watery eyes.  Since, last two...  Read Full »

I get dizziness when I look up or get up. What is causing this?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been getting bouts of confusion, dizziness (when looking up and sometimes when getting up), headaches, pulses, and pressure in my head and what I can only explain as brain fog (during these episodes, I find that my problem solving and my cognitive function is diminished). The epi...  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for blocked nose and enlargement of nasal bone?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend has been diagnosed with acute sinusitis. He underwent CT scan of the sinuses and was recommended surgery due to blocked nose and enlargement of the nasal bone. Please recommend if surgery can be avoided. I have attached his CT scan report.  Read Full »