Q. What is the treatment for blocked nose?

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 01, 2019

I am 32 years female with 5'5" in height and 60 kg weight. My nose is closed by cough for the past seven days. Kindly advice.

#

It appears that you may have a viral upper respiratory tract infection. The nasal congestion can be relieved by,

1. Saline nasal drops (Nasoclear) one drop in each nostril as often as needed. If the obstruction is severe, then try Nasivion or Otrovin (Oxymetazoline) nasal drops one drop in each nostril two times a day for three days only. Do not use continuously for more than three days, even if you still have congestion.

|