Saline Nasal Drops

Is any diagnostic checkup needed for cold and cough in a 2 month old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-month-old baby girl child is suffering from cold for the past four days. There is a very little bit of coughing occasionally. There are some wheeziness from the nose also. She is moving her neck very often to both sides. I used Mucolite drops eight drops BD, Etolin PD syrup - 1.5...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just want to know a few more information. Is your daughter feeding well? Does she sleep well? Did you notice any change in her breathing pattern like fast breathing? If she is feeding well, sleeps well and no breathing difficulty, then it is a simple common cold for ...  Read Full »

Does sinusitis usually cause loss of taste?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female, non smoker. I had a sinus infection as a result of cold nearly two months ago. I was put on Doxycycline for two weeks and then a steroid nasal spray when the inflammation in my nose had not resided. I can smell things quite clearly up close to my nose but canno...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We will help you alleviate the problem. I understand that you are a 40 year old otherwise healthy lady suffering from sinus infection. You perceive smells close up your nose but have decreased taste sensation. You are worried about when the taste sensation will return a...  Read Full »

My nose is closed by cough for the past seven days. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 32 years female with 5'5" in height and 60 kg weight. My nose is closed by cough for the past seven days. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that you may have a viral upper respiratory tract infection. The nasal congestion can be relieved by, 1. Saline nasal drops (Nasoclear) one drop in each nostril as often as needed. If the obstruction is severe, then try Nasivion or Otrovin (Oxymetazoline)...  Read Full »

I frequently get bleeding from the nose, but it does not create pain. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I frequently get bleeding from the nose, but it does not create pain. But some times it flows from my nose automatically. What could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Jennifer Schwartz, Md

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any medical problems that we should know about? How old are you? Are you exposed to any environmental stimulants (irritating chemicals, etc.)? Most often, a bloody nose is not concerning, but it should be evaluated if it is happening regularly. How much b...  Read Full »

I accidentally pressed the soft spot on my 40 days old baby's head. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I had accidentally pressed the soft spot in the head of my 40 days old baby while taking him out of the crib. He was crying before and after, and he had not made any special responses. Is there anything to worry? Please help. I am so tensed.  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just pressing the soft spot on the baby's head would not cause any major problem. It is just an opening in the head bones. Baby's feel discomfort during handling, hence they cry. But be careful to notice if any excessive and inconsolable cry occurs. Thank you and have a...  Read Full »

Can you suggest some medicine for ear blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a left ear blockage, and it happens to me many times. Blockages get open when I move my jaw. I am suffering from this issue for the past two to three years, but not regularly. Commonly, I used to get it after swimming and due to cold. I am not taking any medicine ri...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need a proper evaluation with audiogram and impedance to prevent recurrence. I suggest you tablet Allercet L (Levocetirizine) one at night with Nasivion nasal drops two drops twice daily for five days. Please review with reports. Revert with reports to an ENT otolary...  Read Full »

Is whistling sound in a baby's breath a serious problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 month 3 days old. Now and then he is suffering from cold and sneezing. A whistling sound is also coming when he inhales. Kindly suggest few medicine and advice accordingly. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

Paediatrician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sneezing is normal in this age as long as they are not in distress or very frequent. If he has nasal blockage or nasal secretions, then you can use or put normal saline drop in his nose and then suction the secretion with suction bulb. You can also just leave two to thre...  Read Full »

I need help for my rebound nasal congestion.

Query: Hi doctor, I am here to get help for rebound nasal congestion. Two years ago, I started using Oxymetazoline nasal spray for mild allergy. I continued using it because I thought my allergy is persistent. Recently, I realized that my problem is not an allergy but addiction to nasal spray. My symptom...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You suffer from a condition called as rhinitis medicamentosa. As you have rightly understood, it is due to the prolonged uninhibited use of nasal decongestants. Repeated use of the same causes decongestion temporarily followed by rebound congestion inside the nose. ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for ear block due to cold?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking antibiotics for my bad cold. My nasal passages and mucus are getting better. But, my left ear in which I had ear infection is still clogged. It has been clogged for four days and is really hard to hear through. I can pop my ear but then it goes back to clogged shortly after. P...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ear block is due to eustachian tube block that occurs during cold or upper respiratory tract infection. Due to the block middle ear ventilation and drainage are hampered. This causes the ear block feeling.You may follow these suggestions. Continue the antibiotics...  Read Full »

My nose is always blocked. What can I do to get relief?

Query: Hi doctor, My nose is always blocked. No matter, how many times I blow it, little comes out and I still have the feeling of blockage. What can I do? I am taking tablets for blood pressure.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From when do you have this problem? Are you taking any medicines for it at present? Do you have any headaches, heaviness or pain around the nose or face or there are any allergic symptoms? There is a possibility of having allergic rhinitis in you. For the short-term...  Read Full »