Q. My 2 months baby suffer from cold and cough. Is it necessary to get any diagnostic checkup?

Dr. Prakash Nagar
Published on Nov 13, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 14, 2019

My 2-month-old baby girl child is suffering from cold for the past four days. There is a very little bit of coughing occasionally. There are some wheeziness from the nose also. She is moving her neck very often to both sides. I used Mucolite drops eight drops BD, Etolin PD syrup - 1.5 ml BD, and saline nasal drops. I used Sinarest AF drop for two days and stopped now. Please suggest to me is there any need for a diagnostic check up? What these symptoms could be?

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Child Health Paediatrics
#

I just want to know a few more information. Is your daughter feeding well? Does she sleep well? Did you notice any change in her breathing pattern like fast breathing? If she is feeding well, sleeps well and no breathing difficulty, then it is a simple common cold for which no medication is required at this age. The only thing is to keep the nostrils clean and open. I suggest normal saline nasal drops two drops every four hours for three days. Keep her head end a bit low while instilling nasal drops, and continue breast feeding.

My 1.1 years old baby often gets cold and cough. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 1.1 years old and she weights around 8.5 kg. For the last couple of months she gets cold and cough for every 10 days. We are not using any medication. Let us know if we have to get her tested. Is this is really a concern. Apart from this, she is very active and has no oth...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for frequent cold with fever and heavy head?

Query: Hello doctor, I get frequent cold, and it will be severe with a fever of 102-103 degrees. My head remains heavy, and I have thick mucus when I blow my nose. I usually get sneeze with a change in outside temperature. Please help.  Read Full »