Q. How can I recover from a heavy head and runny nose?

Published on Apr 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2018

I have a heavy head and a runny nose. The day before yesterday I got cold and had buttermilk as well. So, cold happened yesterday and there was cough (not yellow only white and thin like spit) as well but I took medicine from a chemist. He gave me Cinarest, Mox 500, both two tablets. I ate.

Now, I have a very little cough (not yellow only white and thin like spit) but my voice is heavy. Now, I have a heavy head and runny nose. I want to recover soon. Please prescribe medicine. My age is 25 years and height is 5.5 feet.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

For URTI (upper respiratory tract infection), I advise taking an antibiotic like Azithromycin only in case you have a persisting fever. Otherwise, in most cases, URTI is due to viral infection and it gets better within five days. You should take an antiallergic like Levocetirizine which is available as OTC (over the counter) drug.

You should do warm saline gargles at least three to four times a day and do steam inhalation. Drink plenty of hot fluids to give your throat soothing and help in pain. Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I would say you can take tablet Combiflam (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol) for the headache. You can continue his medicines for next three days and do steam inhalation and gargles. You would get fine in next two to three days.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

My nose is always blocked. What can I do to get relief?

Query: Hi doctor, My nose is always blocked. No matter, how many times I blow it, little comes out and I still have the feeling of blockage. What can I do? I am taking tablets for blood pressure.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From when do you have this problem? Are you taking any medicines for it at present? Do you have any headaches, heaviness or pain around the nose or face or there are any allergic symptoms? There is a possibility of having allergic rhinitis in you. For the short-term...  Read Full

How can running nose be effectively treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a running nose for the last one week and sometimes it is very difficult to breathe especially after taking food, it is becoming worse. I had taken two Coldact tablets for only one day, but no luck and also have been using the Otrivin (Xylometazoline) nasal s...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is upper respiratory tract infection, You need to take the following tablets: Tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg two times a day times five days after food, tablet Deslor (Desloratadine) one a day times five days after food, tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg two times a day times...  Read Full

What causes fever and blocked ears with cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever with a cough. I have blocked ear. What can I do?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having upper respiratory tract infection. You can have associated middle ear infection because of the presence of ear pain. You can take Levocetirizine for five days. For fever and pain relief, you can take Paracetamol 500 mg. Steam inhalation can be done three ...  Read Full