Q. How can I recover from a heavy head and runny nose?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2020

I have a heavy head and a runny nose. The day before yesterday I got cold and had buttermilk as well. So, cold happened yesterday and there was cough (not yellow only white and thin like spit) as well but I took medicine from a chemist. He gave me Cinarest, Mox 500, both two tablets. I ate.

Now, I have a very little cough (not yellow only white and thin like spit) but my voice is heavy. Now, I have a heavy head and runny nose. I want to recover soon. Please prescribe medicine. My age is 25 years and height is 5.5 feet.

#

For URTI (upper respiratory tract infection), I advise taking an antibiotic like Azithromycin only in case you have a persisting fever. Otherwise, in most cases, URTI is due to viral infection and it gets better within five days. You should take an antiallergic like Levocetirizine which is available as OTC (over the counter) drug.

You should do warm saline gargles at least three to four times a day and do steam inhalation. Drink plenty of hot fluids to give your throat soothing and help in pain. Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I would say you can take tablet Combiflam (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol) for the headache. You can continue his medicines for next three days and do steam inhalation and gargles. You would get fine in next two to three days.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|