Q. There is a localized yellow spot on the nose. How to heal it?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a yellow spot on the right nose. When something touches it like air or finger, it gets irritated and sneezing happen for at least five to six times or more. So, I captured photos to see it, and it appeared as localized yellow spot. I applied Clindamycin, but no much effect so far. It seems like a pimple from the last two months. I just ignored it, but still, it is present and irritates sometime. I was using Otrivin for a long time at bedtime for congestion of nose.

#

• The most probable diagnosis I can think of from images you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is that it looks like a blocked gland that is, a sort of a pimple, which we see commonly over the face.
  • Your skin is covered with many pores, which are tiny openings that usually house hair follicles. Underneath the surface, your pores contain an oil-producing gland known as a sebaceous gland. These glands make oil known as sebum that helps to keep the skin and hair soft.
  • Sometimes, the pores can become blocked with extra oil or dead skin cells. When they start to build up in the pores, a pimple can occur.
  • Was there any history of any foreign body going inside nose? It could also be an inflammatory response to a foreign body. It looks like benign and not a matter of worry.
  • How long have you been using Clindamycin? Keep using Clindamycin application because this will take a long time to respond. Avoid steroid, if you are using till it falls off.
  • Also, excessive Otrivin usage should be stopped and I suggest you Nasoclear drop twice or thrice a day for both nasal congestion and spot, which may get soften and fall.
  • It is always better to visit a local ENT specialist because direct may give a different clue regarding diagnosis and may be removed if needed.
  • It appears that you also have a background of allergic rhinitis, which can get treated after settling this.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

There is no foreign object entered in the nose. But, the yellow spot did not heal up for two months.

#

• Is it hard to feel or was there any drainage of any secretion from it anytime?
  • You just continue Clindamycin and Nasoclear. It should fall off after some days and if not, then you will probably have to get it removed, but once a proper examination is needed.

|