iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersFamily Physicianblood donationMy arm still feels tired after donating blood. What is the reason?

My arm still feels tired after donating blood. What is the reason?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 31, 2018
Reviewed AtJune 21, 2023

Patient's Query

So, last week I donated blood in a blood-letting in my university. The day after the donation, a bruise appeared in the punctured area, and it is a bit painful. After doing cold and hot compress, the pain in the area disappeared but my donating arm still feels tired. What could be the problem?

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.

First, coming to blood donation, you have done a very good thing. You saved one's life. Secondly, the bruise may be due to puncture of the vein (double puncture) during needle insertion and it will cause pain and leakage of blood (causing bruise) and this will be healed fast and leaked blood will be reabsorbed. Thirdly, there will be dragging pain and this will take five to seven days to regress. Nothing to intervene.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi
Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

HIV/AIDS specialist

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

woundbruiseblood donation

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Family Physician

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy