Q. My arm still feels tired after donating blood. What is the reason?

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

So, last week I donated blood in a blood-letting in my university. The day after the donation, a bruise appeared in the punctured area, and it is a bit painfull. After doing cold and hot compress, the pain in the area disappeared but my donating arm still feels tired. What could be the problem?

#

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.

First, coming to blood donation, you have done a very good thing. You saved one life. Secondly, the bruise may be due to puncture of the vein (double puncture) during needle insertion and it will cause pain and leakage of blood (causing bruise) and this will be healed fast and leaked blood will be reabsorbed. Thirdly, there will be dragging pain and this will take 5 to 7 days to regress. Nothing to intervene.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|