Welcome to icliniq.com.
An anal fissure is a wound in the anal canal caused by various reasons such as overactive anal sphincter pressure, passing hard stools, straining at defecation, and rarely also in Crohn's disease. I hope the doctor has evaluated you for the same. Usually, anal fissures take at least two months to heal. It may assume longer if you continue to pass hard stools.
I need to know a few more details.
1. Are you taking stool softeners or laxatives?
2. Is there any history of recurrent abdominal pain?
3. Is there any fever?
4. Are you doing a Sitz bath?
If the answers are no to all of the above, then follow these,
- Continue Fidonal (Lidocaine and Nifedipine) ointment thrice daily.
- Sitz bath (immersing anus in a tub with lukewarm water with salt twice daily).
- Use Lactifibre (Lactitol Monohydrate and Ispaghula husk)two scoops in one glass of water at night daily.
- Drink at least 2.5 liters of water daily.
If the answer to questions 2, 3 is yes, then consult a gastroenterologist in person.