Q. My cut wound looks the same even after a month. What to do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am an 18 years old female. I cut myself when I recently shaved around my anus and buttocks. A few days later, it was pink or red before a scab comes. Now, even a month later, it still looks the same. It does not itch, but bothering me. What should I do?

#

• I think it should have been healed in this period. Swab has formed, and that means it has improved (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Is there a swelling, local pain or tenderness at the cut site or do you have a fever? If none is present, then probably healed slight reddish discoloration may persist for a few months before new skin grows over it.
  • The only issue is that we need to rule out infection, which is less likely to continue for a month and also if the above symptoms are not present.
  • Also, if possible get it examined by your local doctor just to rule out infection. But, this does not appear anything serious to me.
  • If the wound is visualized and is still active, then I suggest You can use Neosporin powder (Neomycin, Polymyxin and Bacitracin) and Amoxicillin-Clavulanate antibiotics 625 mg thrice a day with an antacid like Pantoprazole before breakfast once a day.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|