Q. I am getting hemorrhoids at least twice a month. What to do?

Dr. Medhun Kumar
Published on Apr 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am getting hemorrhoids often. Even this month, I got hemorrhoids twice. I would like to know, why is it so often for me? I do eat fruits every day, and I do not have constipation. I am 20 years old, and my weight is 59 kg. Thank you.

Dr. Medhun Kumar

General Practitioner General Surgery
#

Sorry to hear your problem. The first thing is that I need to know a few more details about your problem.

• Are you getting hemorrhoids or something else? Because bleeding while passing stools are not due to hemorrhoids alone.
  • And suppose, if you got hemorrhoids, then it will not disappear without any medication.
  • Do you have pain while passing stools? If it is so, then probably you have got fissure-in-ano, which is an ulcer in the anal canal.
  • It will appear again and again without proper treatment. People often confuse it with hemorrhoids.
  • It is due to constipation (passing hard stools and less frequent stools). You may also get it after having a very spice diet, trauma and stress.
  • You need to get a surgeon's appointment and opinion. He will examine your anal canal and will give you a proper picture.

Spicy food and stress.

Anal examination by a general surgeon.

Fissure-in-ano.

1. Sitz bath.
2. Laxatives.

For further information consult a general surgeon online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akant Kaushal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus. If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for se...  Read Full

Why do I have vaginal tears after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I had rough sex recently and it caused a tear in my vagina. When I use a mirror to examine myself I can see some of the cuts. It is near the entrance of my vaginal canal but not inside, positioned more towards my perineum. It has been healing for two days now and still really hurts. I...  Read Full >>

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small superficial tears generally heal fast. Continue taking sitz bath with Betadine drops, Ibuprofen for pain but instead of Vaseline, apply some antiseptic ointment. Vaseline prevents raw ends to meet. Medical support is required, only if you develop pus, odor, discha...  Read Full

What to do for bleeding piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?  Read Full >>

Dr. Abhishek Dixit
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a donor or a recipient? I suggest you apply Smuth cream (Lignocaine) for pain and take a sitz bath. Does it bleed? Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a nephrolo...  Read Full

Ask a General Surgeon Now