Q. I am passing blood while using the toilet. Please help.

I am 21 years old. I pass blood whenever I use the toilet. There is a burning sensation and also, a swelling.

#

You can have proctitis like inflammation condition of the rectum. Infected piles, polyp, fissure also can present with such symptoms. So to find underlying cause I suggest you proctoscopy examination of the rectum and anal canal. According to the cause, specific treatment is given. Drink more water and avoid excess spicy foods. Meanwhile, for pain relief, you can be prescribed Ibuprofen 200 mg BD for five days. I suggest you consult a surgeon or physician for examination and further work up.

|