Q. I get stomach pains with anal discharge of mucus, pus, and blood. What is the cause?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2020

Stomach pains with anal discharge of mucous, pus and very little blood but for 5 weeks. Stool sample negative. Having colonoscopy and endoscopy in a week. Years ago diagnosed with IBS and Gerd. Started after taking Amoxicillian Augmenten Liquid and I started with an iron supplement that I emptied into yogurt as I can't swallow pills.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

Hello dear. I welcome you to icliniq.

These are rectal symptoms which commonly include per rectal bleeding, mucus, pus, and feeling of incomplete evacuation, urgency ( rushing to restroom), and plus minus pain.

Well there are various conditions which could cause this, but common considering your age are ulcerative proctitis/colitis, colorectal carcinoma. Please do not get frightened it is a possibility, not a confirm thing. A colonoscopy is a best modality to diagnose the underlying cause of your symptoms. No other tests is as sensitive as colonoscopy. So you should wait for it.

Mean while for bleeding you can use Cap Tranxemic acid 500 mg thrice daily for 3 to 5 days till bleeding stops. Bleeding can not be explained by IBS.

Should you have any concerns, kindly let me know, and let me know which stool sample you did , and was negative. Best regards

|