Proctitis

I have severe pain in the right buttock. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain in the right buttock and also pain below upper leg and below knee. I feel uncomfortable while sitting, standing as well as walking. First I met a general surgeon; he examined me and advised me to go to an orthopedician. Orthopedician took x-ray and blood test. He info...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Celecoxib is just for pain relief. In order to understand your condition, I want you to answer a few questions for me. Is the pain radiating in nature? Or dull aching without any radiation? Do you have any record of examination findings? Is there any area of sensory l...  Read Full »

Is there any medication to cure ulcerative proctitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I was diagnosed with proctitis stage of ulcerative colitis in January. Doctor prescribed Mesalamine suppositories and I was healed. It again started in May. Doctor prescribed me three Mesalamine suppositories a day but the bleeding still continues. Any advice on med...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine how upset you are about your disease. Thankfully it is limited to the rectum and not extensive to involve the left side of the colon. I am sure that your previous gastroenterologist had done biopsy of the rest of colon to exclude microscopic activity in...  Read Full »

What causes mucus and blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, There is white mucus layer on stool, actually I am suffering since last month. There were two drops of blood after stool had passed and after 5 days at night I had stool with mucus and the next day I went to washroom four times with mild pain in abdominal and I went to the doctor he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand how frustrating you are regarding your problem. I have reviewed your complete history and understand that you have ongoing infection within the lower part of your large bowel which is called as rectum. Medically it is termed as proctitis i.e. inflamm...  Read Full »

Blood in Loose Stool

Query: Hello doctor, I have blood coming in loose stool for the past one year but I do not feel any pain. What is the reason?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in stool is not a normal condition as you are having the problem for one year. It should be investigated in detail and the following work-up will be useful. Rectal, anal area examination, stool routine microscopic examination, proctoscopy examination, colonoscopy,...  Read Full »

Why am I passing blood while using the toilet?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I pass blood whenever I use the toilet. There is a burning sensation and also, a swelling.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have proctitis like inflammation condition of the rectum. Infected piles, polyp, fissure also can present with such symptoms. So to find underlying cause I suggest you proctoscopy examination of the rectum and anal canal. According to the cause, specific trea...  Read Full »

Can a child be a victim for sexual abuse?

Query: Hello doctor, Would a 4 year old child, who is diagnosed with gastroenteritis, show severe inflammation from rectum all the way up to the tail end of the colon? He was diagnosed based on vomiting and diarrhea. His vomit and diarrhea were of the consistency of thick peanut butter and both looked ide...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is really very unfortunate that you are dealing with this problem. For gastroenteritis to cause such a massive inflammation of colon there should be some associated symptoms like fever or pain in abdomen. Gastroenteritis should have persisted for a longer period of tim...  Read Full »

Why do I have black stools after taking iron tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia before three months. On my latest check-up, I have seen that my iron level has reduced (5.74 g/dL to 5.72 g/dL) while my serum iron level has got higher (36 mcg/dL to 39 mcg/dL). My RBC level is normal. But my hemoglobin level got higher ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The black stool is because of iron intake. You can have a burning sensation while passing stool because of proctitis like inflammation or due to piles. For that local rectal and proctoscopy examination is needed. Anal water sitz bath is beneficial, and if piles is prese...  Read Full »

I have anal pain during bowel movement. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male working as a software professional. I have been facing a problem with anal pain during bowel movement and also feel the pain after the bowel movement for some time. I have been facing this problem since 10 days. Motion is normal. I have overcleaned the anal ar...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. There are three possibilities on the basis of history alone as the cause of your symptoms. Anal fissure. Hemorrhoids. Proctitis. The treatment is almost the same except for a severe anal fissure that is bleeding. I suggest you start antibiotic...  Read Full »