Q. I have anal pain during bowel movement. Please suggest medications.

I am a 31 year old male working as a software professional. I have been facing a problem with anal pain during bowel movement and also feel the pain after the bowel movement for some time. I have been facing this problem since 10 days. Motion is normal. I have overcleaned the anal area and had itching of the anus for sometime before the actual problem started, but not now. Please suggest medication to heal the problem.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post.

• There are three possibilities on the basis of history alone as the cause of your symptoms.
  1. Anal fissure.
  2. Hemorrhoids.
  3. Proctitis.

The treatment is almost the same except for a severe anal fissure that is bleeding.

• I suggest you start antibiotics such as a combination of Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole twice daily, along with anti-inflammatory meds Diclofenac 50 mg twice daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  • Take a sitz bath three times daily and a high-fiber diet to avoid straining during defecation.
  • You should feel better after 48 hours.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|