Q. I have had the IUD for 2 years. I have pain in the vagina, blood tinged urine and burning sensation while urinating. Please help.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I have had the IUD for 2 years now and my period stopped a year ago completely. I awoke from my sleep last night due to pain in the vagina. When I went to the bathroom, I urinated blood, a lot of it. I also had burning sensation while urinating. Why is this happening to me?

#

• Blood in urine is called hematuria.
  • You have blood in urine as well as burning sensation while urinating.
  • Blood in urine has nothing to do with IUD (Intra Uterine Device).
  • There are chances of cystitis or growth in the urinary bladder.
  • This condition needs a detailed history and thorough evaluation. 
  • Do a complete urine examination and a scan of abdominal organs to rule out cystitis or growth in bladder.

Revert back with the reports to a gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist 

|