Q. I have had the IUD for 2 years. I have pain in the vagina, blood tinged urine and burning sensation while urinating. Please help.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 30, 2019

I have had the IUD for 2 years now and my period stopped a year ago completely. I awoke from my sleep last night due to pain in the vagina. When I went to the bathroom, I urinated blood, a lot of it. I also had burning sensation while urinating. Why is this happening to me?

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Blood in urine is called hematuria.
  • You have blood in urine as well as burning sensation while urinating.
  • Blood in urine has nothing to do with IUD (Intra Uterine Device).
  • There are chances of cystitis or growth in the urinary bladder.
  • This condition needs a detailed history and thorough evaluation. 
  • Do a complete urine examination and a scan of abdominal organs to rule out cystitis or growth in bladder.

Revert back with the reports to a gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist 

| 

From the reports, kindly explain about my wife's burning sensation during urination.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has been having a burning sensation of urine for more than a year now. Earlier, she took Taxim-O, but after stopping it, the burning sensation came back. When it comes, it stays for 5 hours or so. She feels very uncomfortable and hardly can move. She was advised to take Uroton...  Read Full »

Do I have constipation because of IUD?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my Skyla IUD placed before two and a half years. In the last two months, my period has stopped for about two to three days. Then, again returned after another three days. This month, I had my periods for two times with terrible constipation and lower back pain. Could the progestero...  Read Full »

My sister is suffering from severe vaginal pain. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I need an opinion regarding my elder sister. She is 52 years old. She is diabetic and is suffering from severe vaginal pain for the last few weeks. While collection of pap smear, the swab was bloody and it was very painful for her. She is currently using Candid cream and Candid V6 tablet ...  Read Full »