Q. I am having burning sensation while urination. Is it due to fungal infection?

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee
This is a premium question & answer published on May 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2020

I went to my doctor in February complaining of burning pee and discomfort. They tested me for a UTI and yeast infection and said there was nothing. Then I went to my gynecologist two months after that still having the symptoms she swabbed me and I had a yeast infection. Sex really hurts and I am scared that it is not just the yeast infection. What if sex hurts?

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Please tell me that do you have any discharge through vagina. Sometimes urinary tract infection along with vaginal infection causes this pain. Please do get back to me for the follow up once the urine and blood reports are available. If sex hurts now refrain from sex till the infection is cleared and use the following medication.

UTI with fungal infection

Urinary tract infection and fungal infection

Clotrimazole vaginal pessary (100 mg ) insert into the vagina at bed time for 6 consecutive nights.

Maintain hygiene, drink plenty of water and oral fluids.

| 

What is the reason for red meatus and burning sensation during urination?

Query: Hi doctor, My meatus is red and has a small spot on one side. There is a constant burning sensation when I urinate. I am frequently urinating in small amounts. Recently, I had a DRE, and they told me that my prostate is enlarged. I have a foul smell from my penis. I never had this problem before. I...  Read Full »

Can I use Terbinaforce plus cream for a vaginal infection?

Query: Hello doctor,Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.  Read Full »

Is it true that vitamin supplements help with recurrent vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor,I got married seven months back and this is the fourth time she caught bacterial vaginosis (BV). She never had any symptoms before marriage. We have consulted a gynecologist all the four times. She will prescribe antibiotics and other stuff and that successfully treat her for some time. I...  Read Full »