Q. Whenever I wake up, I spit blood out of my mouth. Why?

Dr. Alexander Davis
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 12, 2021

I am a 31-year-old male with a weight of 183 kilograms and a height of five feet seven inches. After waking up in the morning, I spit blood out of my mouth. After clearing my throat, I spit a little bloody mucus. Then it gets cleared.

#

The described symptoms should not be taken lightly. Please mention whether you have a smoking habit and the duration of having bloody sputum in the morning. You need to consult a lung specialist and an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist for an examination. You need to do some investigations with blood works, an X-ray of the lung, and an inspection of the throat using a laryngoscope.

Your probable cause is unknown.

Do it as mentioned above.

You seem to have a lesion on the airways. But still, it is undetermined.

Follow as mentioned above.

Have a follow-up at any time.

|