Q. My fasting blood sugar level is 102 mg/dl. Do I have diabetes?

Published on Oct 19, 2019

I am a 32 years old male, and my fasting blood sugar level is marked as 102 mg/dl and triglycerides 192 mg/dl and total cholesterol 209 mg/dl.

Are they high? What could be the reason for the high readings?

Do I have diabetes? Should I need medicines? What should I do?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Your sugar is normal, and it is not in a diabetic range. Fasting more than 126 mg/dl is diabetic, and more than 110 mg/dl is pre-diabetic.

Triglycerides and total cholesterol are mildly elevated and not worrisome. Since it is mildly elevated, likely cause is diet and inadequate exercises.

Since you are young and it is just a mild elevation, medicines are not recommended. You need to have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily, fried, and high-calorie diets.

Also, have plenty of green leafy vegetables.

Avoid meat, alcohol, and smoking if any consumption is there.

Egg yolk should be avoided if egg consumption is there.

Should have regular exercises like brisk walking or running according to capacity.

You should get it repeated after eight weeks of lifestyle modifications and see for the response. LDL cholesterol is more important than total cholesterol, so should mention its value.

So, overall, these are minor abnormalities and not worrisome, can be well-taken care by a healthy lifestyle.

I hope this helps you.

I have a little vision weakness since 20 years.

#

The vision weakness is not related to these test derangements or heart issues. It is better to visit an ophthalmologist for the same if not evaluated.

Please give me a detailed analysis of the test reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. My weight is 72 kg and height is 5'5". About a month back, my BP was 120/80 mmHg. I do not have any major complaints except for occasional gas or acidity or indigestion. Sometimes there is a sharp pain in the lower portion of legs, especially in the ankle and heels. ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First I would like to appreciate your awareness on the health. Coming to your reports, (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your lipid profile seems to be abnormal which is of concern. High triglycerides, cholesterol and LDL (low-density lipoprotein) choleste...  Read Full

Does Nicotine gums increase blood sugar levels in a diabetic?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a diabetic. Does chewing nicotine gum will increase sugar level? Does stress in the heart increase the sugar level?  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Nicotine chewing gum causes dental issues and sometimes hair loss and flushing. However, it does not increase blood sugar. So, you can take that it is 1000 times better to take nicotine chewing gum than cigarette especially once you have dia...  Read Full

I have high cholesterol, high triglycerides and high blood pressure. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have high cholesterol, high triglycerides and also high blood pressure. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports showing increased liver enzyme with dyslipidemia with macrocystic RBCs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it indicates early liver diseases. Kindly follow the following instructions: Stop alcohol if you are taking. Tablet Udiliv ...  Read Full