Q. Why are my blood sugar levels fluctuating so much?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 18, 2021

I am a 60 year old working woman, and my weight is 80 kg. I am not diabetic, but my recent reports showed my fasting blood sugar level to be 105 and HbA1C was 6.2. After seeing the report, I got scared, so I redid the test after a week. This time, my fasting blood sugar was 143 and postprandial was 103. I am anxious, so please tell me that how come a nondiabetic patients sugar level is lower on one day and another day, it jumped to 143. What should I do now? Thank you.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• It appears that you do not have diabetes but just impaired fasting glucose, or in other words, you might develop diabetes in the next few years if you do not have a proper diet control.
  • I would suggest that you control your diet by eating low fat, low carbohydrate, drink plenty of water, and exercise moderately by walking for 30 minutes a day. Recheck your HbA1C levels every six months. Do not worry.

Hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

For further queries consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

I have attached my blood sugar reports for your better understanding.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The reports confirm my previous diagnosis of impaired fasting glucose. Have a good diet control and exercise regularly.

Good luck.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|