Q. Can you please review my blood test reports?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 25, 2020

Hello ! Can you please review my blood test? My concern are low level of ferritin, high level of B12 and Urine WBC is very high.

Hematology Pathology
#

Hi, Welcome to the icliniq Following is my opinion for your asked question. The low ferritn , Low Mcv could be suggestive of early iron deficiency anemia. The common cause for high B12 include supplement intake , Liver disease or Kidney disease. Your liver & kidney profile reports are normal.So don't worry about that. If you have any history of supplement intake than mention it.B12 excreted by urine , so might need not to worry about that.High Non Veg food also sometime can cause elevated B12. For low ferritin no need of any treatment.Repeat your serum ferritin & serum iron after few days. The WBC in urine could be due to urinary tract infection.For that investigate further with urine culture report.Meanwhile take more water & cranberry juice extract tablet.Attach the urine culture report once done. Hope this will help you Regards

| 

Is UTI contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days ago I was diagnosed with UTI infection. I was put on antibiotics, and the ER doctor sent my urine for a culture. My doctor told me that Klebsiella pneumoniae is present in my urine culture and referred me to a specialist. What does it mean? I am 23 years old and sexually active...  Read Full »

Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.  Read Full »

I had bleach on my arm during blood tests. Will it affect the results?

Query: Hello doctor, I had blood tests done. There was some Clorox cleaner or bleach on my arm. Can this affect the result?  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now