Q. What blood tests should I get for overly oily skin, burning lips, a painful throat, and thrush?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 07, 2021

Does low blood levels or high blood levels cause oily skin, burning lips, painful throat, and thrush? I am having these symptoms for three months. I am going to do a blood test this week and what are the levels to be tested?

#

There are multiple factors responsible for having these symptoms. I suggest you do these tests mentioned below. You need to do a complete blood count, Hba1c (hemoglobin a1c), serum electrolytes, liver function tests, kidney function tests, urine routine, viral markers for HIV 1 (human immunodeficiency virus 1) and HIV 2 (human immunodeficiency virus 2), HbsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen), vitamin D and B12 estimation, complete iron study, and thyroid function test. These tests help in detecting any abnormality present in your body. Maintain a strict lifestyle. Have a diet with fewer spices and oil. Avoid taking junk foods.

Eat on time and avoid overeating. Take a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Avoid eating red meat. You need to be hydrated and take atleast four to five liters of water every day. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption as much as possible. Avoid having any exposure to any irritative substance as it can initiate throat irritation and phlegm formation.

Have a gap of two hours between meals and going to bed. Have a good exercise by having a brisk walk of 45 minutes in the morning and evening. Avoid using cosmetic products that do not suit you. Most of the time, your faulty diet and hydration can be the reason for having these symptoms. Kindly do the above-mentioned tests and so we can treat you in a specific and precise manner.

|