Q. There was blood in the spit. What might be the reason?

I spit blood early in the morning after waking up. I consulted a dentist and then a chest specialist, who advised bronchoscopy and sputum tests. The reports were normal. But, nobody could find the cause for the blood in spit. It is happening from the past two years. Not regularly, but once or twice a week. What might be the reason? Whom should I consult?

#

• The most common causes of early morning blood in the sputum are:
  1. Chest infection or tuberculosis.
  2. Cardiac issues like rheumatic heart disease.
  3. Reflux esophagitis.
  • Now, if your chest has been evaluated and a clearance has been given by your doctor, then my recommendations would be further following investigations:
  1. Complete blood count.
  2. PT/INR (prothrombin time).
  3. BT/CT (bleeding time and clotting time).
  4. Upper GI (gastrointestinal) endoscopy.
  5. Echocardiography.

Get these investigations done and write back to me with the reports.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|