Q. How can I get rid of my short-sightedness?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Published on Apr 05, 2019

I am 35 years old male. I cannot see things that are far away from me. As far back as I can remember, l became aware I had an eye problem at a very young age. I was forced to sit in front of the class to see better. After that, I have been taken to the clinic and hospital but it yielded nothing.

The doctors did some test, gave me some letters to read and some drugs too but it never became better. In all of these, no one told me what my condition was or gave me a name for my problem. I just knew that I was short-sighted and no glasses works on me. Until now, letters and faces of people are blurry when far from me. Please help me.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Welcome to iCliniq.com.

There are a number of different conditions that can cause a drop in vision. Some of these can be corrected by glasses, these are called refractive errors. While others cannot be improved with glasses and will need eye surgery or special medication.

A simple test to see if your eyesight can improve with glasses is to use the pin-hole test. For this, take any piece of paper. Poke a hole in it with the tip of a ballpoint pen and try to see far away objects with it. If in case you see better through the hole, then your condition can improve with glasses. If not, then you need to see an Ophthalmologist to find out what is the cause of the problem and if it can be corrected.

In case you need more information, please send me a scanned copy of all your doctors reports and I will do my best to help you.

How can my blurred vision be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having blurry vision ever since my sore eyes have been going away. It started a week ago when I was diagnosed with sore eyes. My physician told me to use Terramycin four to five times a day and on the sixth day, the swelling in my eyes got better. But once my eye was in a ...  Read Full »

Will eye power increase with age in a 5 year old?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter has been diagnosed with a cylindrical power of -2 and -2.5. Can that be cured to normal if she takes healthy diet and eye exercises? Will it increase with age as she is 5 years old?  Read Full »