Q. What is causing blurred vision only in sunlight?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

My right eye appears blurry but only in sunlight and I see my eyelashes blurring my vision. I can read clearly with both my eyes and can also watch TV and normal activity while indoors. But during day time in bright light, I cannot see clearly with my right eye. I am 43, male. My eyesight has been myopic with both eyes at -1.5.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

The symptom that you are suffering from is referred to as hemeralopia, this symptom can be caused due to a number of different conditions. The most common mechanism of such a blurring involves a central corneal opacity or cataract obstructing central light rays when the pupils are constricted in bright light. I can tell you that most of such causes are treatable and can be picked up quite easily on a simple eye exam. So, I suggest that you visit an ophthalmologist. In case you need any further information, please send me a scanned copy of your doctors reports. I will do my best to help.

| 

Is cataract operation required immediately for me?

Query: Dear doctor, The patient is a 76-year-old male. I am uploading eye check-up report. Kindly advise on the following: Is cataract shown in the report? Is cataract operation required immediately? Is retina covered in the checkup? Any other observations by you?  Read Full »