Q. What is causing blurred vision only in sunlight?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Published on Mar 19, 2019

My right eye appears blurry but only in sunlight and I see my eyelashes blurring my vision. I can read clearly with both my eyes and can also watch TV and normal activity while indoors. But during day time in bright light, I cannot see clearly with my right eye. I am 43, male. My eyesight has been myopic with both eyes at -1.5.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

The symptom that you are suffering from is referred to as hemeralopia, this symptom can be caused due to a number of different conditions. The most common mechanism of such a blurring involves a central corneal opacity or cataract obstructing central light rays when the pupils are constricted in bright light. I can tell you that most of such causes are treatable and can be picked up quite easily on a simple eye exam. So, I suggest that you visit an ophthalmologist. In case you need any further information, please send me a scanned copy of your doctors reports. I will do my best to help.

Is cataract operation required immediately for me?

Query: Dear doctor, The patient is a 76-year-old male. I am uploading eye check-up report. Kindly advise on the following: Is cataract shown in the report? Is cataract operation required immediately? Is retina covered in the checkup? Any other observations by you?  Read Full >>

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are early changes of cataract in both eyes but still, the patient's vision is totally correctable with the glasses prescribed. So, no need for cataract surgery as of now maybe a year down...  Read Full