Q. Is there any way to treat blurry vision due to dry eyes?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Published on Mar 22, 2019

I am a female, 71 years old, hypothyroid. Question: I have an epithelial defect secondary to dry eye causing increasing blurred vision. Past three months I had an amniotic transplant but not successful followed by current tarsorrhaphy. I have been given little hope of better visual results when the sutures are removed next week. What, if any, is the next intervention here to regain visual acuity?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I am very sorry to hear about your condition. Usually, such a picture suggests quite a severe disease. So, there is no such clear cut fix to your problems. The main thing to understand is that dry eye which is this severe is usually caused by some secondary diseases which need to be treated first. A few other treatments which can be done in your case can be autologous serum eye drops, limbal stem cell graft, humifying goggles. Once again, as I mentioned before there is no straightforward fix. But these are a few genuine treatment measures which can be taken.

Why is my eye blurry only in sunlight?

Query: Hello doctor, My right eye appears blurry but only in sunlight and I see my eyelashes blurring my vision. I can read clearly with both my eyes and can also watch TV and normal activity while indoors. But during day time in bright light, I cannot see clearly with my right eye. I am 43, male. My eyes...  Read Full >>

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptom that you are suffering from is referred to as hemeralopia, this symptom can be caused due to a number of different conditions. The most common mechanism of such a blurring involves a central corneal opacity or cataract obstructing central light rays when ...  Read Full

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry, but there is no permanent treatment or cure for dry eyes, but yes with treatment, your life will become comfortable. To treat dry eyes, we need to find the type and severity of dry eyes. The type of dry eyes is established by the clinical examination of the...  Read Full

How can my blurred vision be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having blurry vision ever since my sore eyes have been going away. It started a week ago when I was diagnosed with sore eyes. My physician told me to use Terramycin four to five times a day and on the sixth day, the swelling in my eyes got better. But once my eye was in a ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This blurred vision could be due to viral keratoconjunctivitis which means there is a possibility of involvement of cornea leading to blurred vision. Treatment usually includes soft steroid eyedrop like fluorometholone in slow tapering doses. It is a provisional di...  Read Full