Q. My sight is still blurry after wearing new glasses. Kindly advise.

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Published on Mar 12, 2019

I recently had an eye exam and was able to see clearly by the time the doctor was done with my exam. I ordered the glasses and they just arrived yesterday. I out them on and it is as if I am not wearing glasses because with the glasses or without the glasses everything is blurry. I told them that and was told I have to wait for seven days for my eyes to adjust. How do I do that when I cannot read without straining my eyes either way?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

As you told your vision was fine with the glasses or lenses your doctor uses during eye exam and now you are having trouble with your glasses then most probably you need to recheck your glasses if they are dispensed according to your prescription or is there any error. Sometimes a minor error in dispensing cause much trouble especially if you having cylindrical number or axis. I think your glasses are not according to your prescription or it gets mixed with someone else. So first go and verify your glasses number and match with your glasses prescription.

Why am I not able to see clearly from one eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using only one eye since birth. This is a result of a medicine that my mother took when I was in her womb. My right eye is normal, but the left has a squint. I can see a little light in my left eye, but I cannot really use this eye for seeing. By this time, I got another pr...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get your eyes tested for a refractive error i.e glasses/spectacles. You have become nearsighted so get this test by an ophthalmologist. Your left eye has turned inward that is esotropia. You need to consult a pediatric ophthalmologist i.e squint special...  Read Full

What are the drawbacks of using contact lenses over spectacles?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to use contact lens instead of normal spectacles. Could you please tell me the types of contact lenses available? Which one should I use? Are there any drawbacks in using contact lenses?  Read Full >>

Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spectacles are the first option for refractive errors and contact lenses are only secondary. There are many types of contact lenses in various brands. Commonly used are soft contact lenses. There are daily disposable ones, monthly disposable ones and those which can be...  Read Full

Are blurred vision and numbness of arm and face an emergency?

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 year old daughter complained late yesterday afternoon of a really bad headache and blurred vision with numbness in her arm. I gave her Ibuprofen, she then vomited not long after and said she felt better. This morning she woke saying that it was even worse. So, I took her to the l...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid to say that the clinical history of your daughter appears to be more than just viral sinusitis. Viral sinusitis is probably an incidental finding. Abrupt onset of headache, blurring of vision, difficulty in speaking, and numbness in face and arm is very cha...  Read Full