Q. I have sudden blurring of vision on one eye. Is it due to retinal detachment?

Dr. Shikha

My vision was crystal clear this morning. I just woke up from a nap, and the vision in my left eye is blurry. It has not cleared up in the past half an hour. Twice over the years, this has happened, and it normalized over a few hours, but I am in a jungle now. So, I would like to err on the side of caution. I have had previous retinal detachments.

#

Did you get any surgery done for retinal detachment earlier? It may be a recurrent episode of retinal detachment. If you have diabetes or hypertension that may be a cause of this detachment.

It can also happen in vitreous hemorrhage in which you will see a slightly reddish vision and will not clear up. If this is the case, then it will clear up in few weeks. What is the exact cause can be told only on examination.

You should rush to the emergency asap. If detachment surgery is required then visual prognosis depends on the time elapsed between episode and surgery. So, you should not delay.

There is not much you can do at the moment by yourself. Just seek help from someone to reach a hospital.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|