Q. Is cataract operation required immediately for me?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Dear doctor,

The patient is a 76-year-old male. I am uploading eye check-up report. Kindly advise on the following: Is cataract shown in the report? Is cataract operation required immediately? Is retina covered in the checkup? Any other observations by you?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are early changes of cataract in both eyes but still, the patient's vision is totally correctable with the glasses prescribed. So, no need for cataract surgery as of now maybe a year down the line but not now.

About the retinal examination, the only comment is about glow is made, no charting of retina examination has been done.

In my opinion, the patient should be prescribed glasses. If the patient is not very active, cataract surgery can be postponed for about a year.

Along with your drops, I suggest using Vigamox (Moxifloxacin) eye drops four times a day for seven days and then stop.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|