Q. Can you suggest a treatment for body lice?

Dr. Gulhima Arora
Published on Jun 07, 2017

I am a 21 year old male. I got infested by body lice in my hostel. Now, it is getting worse. Please suggest some treatment to get rid of it.

Dr. Gulhima Arora

Cosmetology Dermatology
#

Body lice can be extremely distressing, and I suggest you follow these steps:

1. Maintain personal hygiene by bathing with regular soap and water in all the seasons.
  2. Avoid too much of huddling and overcrowding with your hostel mates.
  3. Treatment must be taken simultaneously by all those in physical contact, especially your roommates.
  4. All bed, bath linen, and clothes must be laundered.
  5. I suggest you take tablet Ivermectin 12 mg, immediately after food and repeat this dose after a week. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking medicine with their consent.
  6. Apply Permethrin 5 % cream on the entire body from the neck down. Leave it overnight and bathe with soap and water in the morning. Repeat the application after a week.
  7. Spray an insect repellent on your bed and sundry the mattresses.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

What is the reason for increase in eosinophil count?

Query: Hi doctor,Yesterday I have given my blood sample for a random test. When reports came I got shocked. Is there any big health issue? Do I need to consult the doctor for this? See below lab report: RDW-CV 14.4 high 11.6-14.0 %, Eosinophils 9.1 high 1.0-6.0 %, Absolute eosinophil count 0.70 high 0.02-0...  Read Full »

How Do I Overcome Premature Ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'11'' and I weigh 91 kg. I plan to get married this year. I am currently on no medication. I currently have the following problems for which I desire to seek some solution for premature ejaculation. I think so, there is some kind of problem on the forehea...  Read Full »

Can I give two doses of Albendazole to my 1.5-month-old baby in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full »